Worst is almost over ...

Monday 5 September 2011

Failure to Plan is planning to fail

Problems of unplanned settlements

When you plan for something, you achieve it as you work your way on how it should be done and when it should be done and using which resources.

This is why to me planning forms a core to anything or project on embark on. I planned on what to say to my wife when I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I even planned how and when to get engaged, marry and have kids - if and only if, we are compatible from the start to the end. Therefore, I knew how to treat her. How to respect her as she was going to be the mother of my kids!

Now imagine how we messed this country. Chiluba came and got to be president without planning. He was surrounded by Zambia's cream in all sectors. The first 5 years were wonderful and only saw small mistakes. Then he felt the power and lost direction! Why? People around him may have planned, he never planned to rule so had no clue what ruling a country had in store for him! Result is the backward movement of this country from then. Just imagine if there was even a 50% planning (of the planning UNIP had in the 70s). With all those resources.

For RB its even worse! He was on the farm. You can do a small exercise and write down 10 things he was planning. If you are an upright person, ruling the country would be number 2000 on your list of just 10! He has no plan! Thats why he would do a road and put his face there "RB was here" ... oh sorry "Your money working". Which money? Did you ask me what I wanted to do with the money? I would never in my life choose that sub-standard re-dusting of the road, or mere painting it with tar! I want planned roads. Done with the most quality! Not this garbage from borrowed money. Commercial bank borrowing! For a so called economist! That's a shame. You crowd out the private sector which can use that money. You make future generations to pay the debt! Which economist would think so low! But that's the result of failure to plan!

This failure to plan has resulted in his sons taking over all businesses and even doing his adverts! I think we are a laughing stock of Africa. We need to find a leader that planned to rule. Because that alone makes him have a plan. All of the mines, how many are paying taxes?? Now imagine if a president compels them to pay what is due to the country and gets rid of this tax holiday on natural resources! How much can we be getting? How many roads would be constructed professionally and of quality? What would be the benefits?

These are the questions which make me move from the idea of thinking MMD will deliver anything for Zambia. I think looking at infrastructure and planning, UNIP was better. Now they plan on how they will rig the elections, defraud the Zambian people etc. And they do it well, but this will never develop Zambia or bring economic development. It will enrich a few connected to the powers that may be. How many of the chaps are on Facebook campaigning?? How many people do you see online with MMD "talk". Some of these are well known and a sudden change to support the powers they fought, is not shocking, its what money can do! They are selling the country for a few bucks to be online for two (2) months! What kind of future leaders are these! Desperation leads people to sell their soul. We have reached that stage in Zambia.



They have just turned Lusaka into an unplanned settlement!

I have only one vision. Not a perfect vision, but better than what is on the ground now. And believe me, I think anything better is better for me. I stand to proudly vote for PF and Sata as I think they have planned and I can see benefits from what they talk about. I don't want ZNBC, Daily Mail or Times of Zambia to get worse than the current state. I don't want to think of my country as a possible place I would live in. I want to plan on living here and educating my children here! MMD does not show me that. Infact they send all their children abroad and only come to get companies and milk the Zambian people of the little money they have. Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment